Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Indigo Pheasant




At Lobster & Canary, I almost never talk about my own work but I ask your indulgence at this tiding:  yesterday ChiZine Publications (CZP) published in paperback and in all major digital formats my second novel The Indigo Pheasant, the sequel to 2009's The Choir Boats.   (CZP brought out a limited-edition hard cover in July).  Both novels are available world-wide and through all major sales channels.  My wife, the artist Deborah Mills, did the woodcarving that forms the basis for the cover design, and she did all the interior illustrations.

You can take a look at free preview chapters of both novels at the CZP site:

The Choir Boats (vol. 1) - preview chapters

The Indigo Pheasant (vol. 2) - preview chapters.

I will be on hiatus for the next month here at Lobster & Canary...but you can actually read me more frequently than ever in September and October, as I will be guest-posting at the following blogs (publication dates, except for the two already posted, are approximate; I will provide links when posts are up):

September 11:  Small Beer Press/ Not a Journal.   Post:  "A Raffle of Laughter on Solemn Occasions"-- click here.

September 14:  Civilian Reader.  Post:  "The Fantastical 18th and 19th Centuries, or, Dragons Dancing at Almack's"-- click here.

September 17:  Fantasy Book Critic

September 18:  Bibliophile Stalker

September 23:  Layers of Thought

September 24:  That Artsy Reader Girl

September 27:  Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews

September 28:  So Many Precious Books, So Little Time

September 30:  Disquieting Visions

October 3:  The World in the Satin Bag

October 4:  Charlotte's Library

October 5:  The Cozy Reader

October 9:  Grasping for the Wind

October 11:  Jess Resides Here 

No comments: